Went for lesson last night. It went rather well. Managed to catch most of the cheemiology that was bombarded to the class of three.
- Talked about Deterministic Finite State Automata and Non-Deterministic Finite State Automata
- Learnt that a union of two Deterministic Finite State Automata will create a Non-Deterministic Finite State Automata
- Learnt how to derive a Deterministic Finite State Automata from a Non-Deterministic Finite State Automata
- Learnt about combination subsets
Then Dr Teo talked about planning.
He compared Professor Yap and himself. How different their situations are despite both holding Ph.D.
Prof Yap is an NTU lecturer specializing on Compiler Theory with a wife who earns more than him. In short he is financially secured, works for fun and has half the workload of Dr Teo.
Dr Teo is the sole breadwinner for a family of five, teaches at Informatics and has double the workload of Prof Yap.
So the lesson learnt here:
- find a capable wife (?)
- if you plan well as a dual income family, the couple can retire early and happily.
Wonder how Joyce will react if I talk about it. :p