Went to take a look at the exhibition at Singapore Expo on Sunday.
Things I liked:
- Really nice airbrush paint jobs
- The really ah beng zhng-ing of the cars
- The unfunctional modifications like the plexi-glass bonnet
- Furry dashboards and sports rims
- Cao ah beng blue neon and strobe lights
- A complete home entertainment system built into the back of a MPV, got XBox some more
- American Import Models showed us what is real event models.
- 2 vendors brought in Hummer for show.
- There wasn’t a lot of anything. Not a lot of cars, not a lot of zhng-ed cars. Not a lot of vendors. Not a lot of special cars.
- Lack of innovation in the zhngs
- Nothing near the innovation as seen on Pimp My Ride
- The mountains of restrictions that prevented the zhng team to come up with more over-the-top creations.
Some funny observations:
- People were really there to see the American Import Models, and there were a lot of chee ko peks, young and old also have.
- The men flock to the models like Flies to rubbish bees to honey.
- The emcee referred to all the men with cameras as “professional photographers”… Yeah, right.
- The local event models are always the same ol’ same ol, and not very pretty…
- Put the “foreign talent” and our “local pride” and you will see that we are still eons away.
Oh yah, photos I took from the event are here.